Wednesday 29 July 2009

Service is the Word

Issue 3: 29.07.09

Let's consider a few quotes on the subject of service.


Ralph Waldo Emerson: It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life; that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.

Albert Einstein: Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

John F. Kennedy: Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Confucius: He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.


What do you think? Can we really secure our own good (financial empowerment) through a commitment to helping others, serving them and improving the quality of their lives?


As Earl Nightingale succinctly puts it, the remuneration that each one of us receives in life comes in direct proportion to the service that we provide. In other words, we reap in same proportion to whatever we sow into the lives of others. Seek out opportunities to serve and you shall find your purpose and financial empowerment.


Action: Is my dream for entrepreneurship centered around me, mine and myself, or am I passionate about helping and serving others? How is my business going to improve the lives of other people? Could I save them money? Or time? Could I provide convenience? How could I serve them better than the competition? For instance, could I ...

  • Provide information, guidance, inspiration, training?
  • Increase their earnings?
  • Reduce their bills?
  • Improve their business?
  • Design their clothes?
  • Fix their gadgets?
  • Wash their car (in the convenience of their own driveway)?
  • Groom their dog?
  • Clean their apartment?
  • Do the school run for them?
  • Tutor their kids?
  • Do their shopping?
  • Iron their shirts?
  • Cook their meals?
  • The list goes on.

Please let me know what you think

Have a good week!

Yemi Akinwande

No comments:

Followers